It was just over four weeks when I took the plunge and publicly announced that I was going to run for BART Board. Yesterday, I completed my filing and will be on the ballot this November for BART Board, District 8.
The last four weeks have been a journey for me. I am campaigning every single moment because this really matters to me. I meet with people 1-on-1, I attend events, I’m filling out questionnaires, I’m going to candidate interviews but most importantly, I’m learning. I’m learning so much about what people really care about and how they’ve been impacted, especially by BART’s failures.
Through this, I’ve also met some incredibly people who have supported me. I’m honored to be endorsed by people who inspire me and groups that not only share my values but actively fight for those values.
I am proudly endorsed by:
- Assemblymember Phil Ting
- District 1 Supervisor Sandra Fewer
- District 3 Supervisor Aaron Peskin
- District 4 Supervisor Katy Tang
- District 6 Supervisor Jane Kim
- BART Director Nick Josefowitz
- BART Director Bevan Dufty
- Sierra Club
- Rose Pak Democratic Club
- Former BART Director Tom Radulovich
- Former District 1 Supervisor Eric Mar
- Former City Administrator Rudy Nothenberg
This movement is growing, and you can be a part of it by contributing today: